What to Expect at an Arbinger Event
Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset
IN-PERSON FACILITATED PROGRAMME
The Arbinger facilitator training (train-the-trainer) programme is an intensive programme that explores the breadth and depth of Arbinger’s groundbreaking work. It equips participants with a deep understanding of Arbinger’s material, preparing them to deliver this material within their organisation.
Arbinger’s training has been designed to pierce the veil of denial and resistance within organisations. With the facilitator training programme, participants will be equipped with the tools and frameworks necessary to carry out widespread application of Arbinger principles. Upon successful completion of this three-day course, facilitators are certified to utilise the Arbinger training and implementation material in their employing organisation only.
This three-day course will prepare participants to facilitate this material within their own organisations, with a focus on delivering all of the principles as elements of a complete framework in a logically coherent manner.
An Arbinger-certified facilitator will help participants learn to facilitate each of the individual sections of Arbinger’s Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset two-day programme by going through conceptual overviews of the sections, demonstrating how to facilitate, discussing key points and issues, and working through participant reviews and practices. To solidly embed the materials, participants spend significant time both practicing delivery themselves and coaching a partner.
RESULTS AND OUTCOMES
Facilitator training helps participants learn:
- How to effectively facilitate Arbinger’s core material and implementation tools
- How to assist leaders with operationalising Arbinger’s core concepts to impact organisational objectives and challenges
- How to ensure that as facilitators, they can invite an outward mindset space for participants
- How to deliver stories that compellingly illustrate Arbinger material
The purchase of Arbinger’s Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset facilitator training includes exclusive access to several resources:
- Facilitators are encouraged to schedule times for one-on-one preparation assistance before delivering the Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset programme, as well as for post-facilitation discussion and processing.
- The Arbinger Facilitator Portal comprises a collection of valuable resources such as podcasts, evaluation forms, and facilitator development videos. Through this portal, facilitators can also access recordings of Monthly Global Facilitator Calls and screen casts of Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset.
- Monthly Global Facilitator Calls offer a unique opportunity for Arbinger facilitators across numerous industries to meet and learn from each other through best practice discussions and lessons learned. These calls enhance facilitator development and provide opportunities for sustained growth and development.
- Invitations to the annual Arbinger Summit, where facilitators are introduced to and trained on new product lines, receive retraining on the latest changes to core materials, and exclusive facilitator-only pre-conference sessions. The summit is also an opportunity to network, attend Q+A sessions, and hear from special guest speakers.
Once trained through Arbinger’s Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset facilitator training, facilitators are licensed to deliver the Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset programme in their immediate workplaces, and also have the opportunity to transfer their facilitator license to a new workplace on a case-by-case basis. Details about licensing can be found in the Facilitator Licensing Agreement.
The facilitator is responsible for overseeing the purchase of appropriate course materials for those they train in their organisation. Participant materials are required for each person trained and must be purchased separately.
Before attending this course, participants must attend the two-day Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset workshop. Reading the three Arbinger books, Leadership and Self-Deception, The Anatomy of Peace, and The Outward Mindset, is also required.
DAY 1 AGENDA
Welcome and Introduction
Why Mindset Matters
The Two Mindsets
Inward Styles (Part 1)
DAY 2 AGENDA
Inward Styles (Part 2)
Outward Mindset Pattern
DAY 3 AGENDA
Implementing Mindset Change
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Leaders, managers and those responsible for organisational growth
Please keep in mind that this course is for employees who will offer Arbinger’s training component in their organisation. This course is not for independent consultants, coaches or other external organisational development service providers.
Developing and Implementing and Outward Mindset facilitator handbook